The Site Speed And SEO Connection – A Complete Guide
With each day that passes, life is becoming more and more faster as people have become very particular about their needs. Therefore, it gets very natural to have speed as a major barrier between users and websites because every single person who comes to web and search for anything having a thought that they immediately land on the product which they need.
This situation is actually very relatable to you if you would have encountered a website which is slow loading and closed the browser because of the long-running loading signs on screen. However, Google needs every user on the web to reach quickly after their search either it is information, products, and services.
First of all, we need to understand what it means when we talk about website speed?
Website speed is actually the total time it takes to load your website, once a user clicks on your website link or type a link manually. Most of the SEOs recommend keeping the load time of 3 seconds or less to boost your rankings against the competitors. Therefore, it is essential for you to locate all the backlogs with website load time which are affecting your productivity.
This may need you to take a count for your website speed test and analyze all the potential problems that are causing a lag. Your test results will help you take an insight into the factors which can be worked to optimize your website speed.
Though you can simply plan to use a stopwatch to count the load time of the website with a very natural approach, there are many professional tools that can help you with it.
Here we have a quick list of the most frequently used and popular tools which can work for you in checking the website speed:
- GTMetrix: the first name which we have in our list is GTMetrix as this tool not only helps you gain insights for website speed but also brings you actionable data for optimization.
- Google Pagespeed Insights: if you are concerned about the speed of your website, Google Pagespeed Insights can bring you all the information with to be improved list improving both mobile and desktop experience.
- Pingdom: if you need a tool which can help you seek specific results, Pingdom is a tool that can be used for speed optimization with monthly fees of $14.95 to $199.
- Yslow: Yslow software is a little bit outdated but still is perfect for speed optimization as it provides real-time information about the website with just an extension that needs to be downloaded for its use.
Wondering why it is necessary to work on Speed Optimization for SEO?
The moment you plan to build a website, you are planning to share your business and your services with users for maximum interaction increasing profitability. Moreover, SEO helps you to gain more traffic for your website and turn your users into customers for better conversions. So, if you want to achieve all of these tasks with your website that can help in adding revenue, it is essential to work on speed optimization.
- Usability: a website which is not good to use is of no benefit to anyone. This needs you to create a perfect experience for navigation with quicker loading of images, better click experience, and preventing anything that might lead to frustration.
- SEO: if you are associated with SEO, you might already understand that speed is an essential ranking factor. So, missing on speed means losing all the traffic, sales, and conversions.
- User Engagement: users need websites which are easy to engage and it needs you to engage in faster loading pages, forms, and click to tweet buttons.
- Conversion Rate: your website content brings traffic which leads to conversions. However, to make your traffic turn into potential customers, a faster loading website is very necessary.
So, everything and almost every goal which you expect with your website needs you to work for speed optimization and therefore, to fill the gap between Site speed and SEO, here we have a list of some amazing tips that can be followed for speed optimization complimenting SEO needs.
A Quick Tour to Speed Optimization Tips
- Faster Loading Images: the first step to speed optimization on websites is to avoid loading symbol for images on your website. This may not only need you to optimize the dimensions of the image but also the size of the image for better loading.
- Plugin Selection: at third, you must avoid overuse of plugins for adding more functionality to your website. This may need you to review all the plugins to find those which needs to be deleted or deactivated for better website performance.
- Minification: the minification of files is an effective speed optimization technique which helps to remove all the excess data which you need to remove from your website. It is also good for removing any redundant data you have on your website.
- Avoid Site Cache: another issue which can slow down the speed of your website is to avoid the site cache. This can be done by using the plugins like W3 cache or WP rocket, making it smooth for users to visit your website again and again.
- Taking Down 404 Errors: 404 errors could be very frustrating. So you must either remove those dreaded pages or implement 301 redirects for causing permanent redirects.
- Use of AMPs: another great way to make your website run quickly on mobile devices is to use AMPs, this can help you avoid heavy lifting and presenting the most significant information to the users.
When it comes to optimization of a website, one of the most significant factors which are required to be worked is to improve the page speed. This helps the users to navigate quickly and move to other pages on the website without any hassle. So, if you want your website to run smoother and quicker, all you need to do is work on all the measures which are mentioned above.
Moreover, you can also work on some other speed optimization practices that align with your SEO goals such as the selection of server, use of better CMS platform, code density, and unnecessary redirects as they may cause a lag when a user tries to visit on your website. Considering all the benefits of better speed on website and taking insights to speed optimization tools, you can easily work on all the ways that can bring benefit to your business with better optimization and all it needs is careful implementation for which you may hire an expert SEO Service in India who can help chase your business objectives. All the best!
Ravi Sharma is the founder of a renowned digital marketing company named Webomaze. He has built his brand with hard work, determination, and arduous efforts. This digital marketing company provides some of the best SEO services in India which helps your website to rank higher in the search engines. He has a complete knack of how to optimize your website and enhance the brand awareness of your organization.This way his digital marketing strategies have helped him to grow his business and attract more potential customers to the website. He loves adventure and explores different places.